About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Friday, May 27, 2011

New Listing - New Member of the BeyondCrochet Zoo!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/74923416/larry-the-amigurumi-llama-finished-doll

Larry the Llama :)
Larry resulted from playing with and combining several patterns, after my unsuccessful attempt at making a multi-colored zebra (aptly named "Cracky" due to it's disheveled appearance). The final pattern is the first one I've ever created. - Just goes to show how persevering through a mistake can lead to new and interesting things. Plus, I personally like "Cracky"....although I would NEVER put him or anything else like him up for sale!! LMAO

Cracky the Zebra

Umm.....yeah...


Llamas With Hats Carl's Status Update T-Shirt Size : Small
Llamas With Hats Rumblies Only Hands Satisfy T-Shirt Size : Large 

5 comments:

  1. Cracky might work for a giraffe if you make the neck even longer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the idea. :)
    I just don't like the way his neck, head and body are separate pieces. I'm still playing around with the patterns so I can make all sorts of creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these little guys Becca. Read your profile. I'm from Northern Cali. too. Born in Oakland, grew up in Pleasant Hill, now live in Reno, NV for 25 years. Will definitely follow keep up on your blog. Have 2 boys, 20 and 22. See you around etsy. Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Laurie. :)
    It's always nice to meet someone from "home". Thank you for following my blog, I truly appreciate all the support from all of you. - Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way...don't know if you've read my Etsy bio, but I'm also an Oakland girl. :D

    ReplyDelete