About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taste of Florida - part 1

No offense to anyone, but Florida is just not the place for me. As I'm preparing to leave, I've been trying to focus on the more positive aspects that I will miss. In that spirit, here is a taste (pun intended) of some Floridian flare. ;)

http://www.justapinch.com/recipe/angeljasonsmom/creamy-lime-bars/pie?utm_source=spop&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Coupon%20of%20the%20Week%2059&utm_content=

Creamy Lime Bars
Added by Ann Simmons [AngelJasonsMom] on Sep 17, 2010 
Ann from Lugoff, SC (pop. 12,256) says:
Refreshing dessert anytime!
Cook time: 25 Min Difficulty: EASY
Prep time: 20 Min Serves:
- 1 1/2 c finely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c melted butter
- (2) 14 oz cans eagle brand condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lime juice (4 limes)
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp grated lime peel
- powdered sugar
- cool whip
- lime slices
1.   Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with wax paper.
2.   Combine pretzels, granulated sugar and butter in medium bowl; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
3.   Mix sweetened condensed milk, eggs, lime juice, orange juice and lime peel in large bowl; pour evenly over crust.
4.   BAKE 25 minutes. Cool. Chill.
5.   May garnish with powdered sugar, whipped topping and lime slices before serving. Cut into bars

2 comments:

  1. Drooling.........

    Found you at Etsy. Your items are fab :)

    ReplyDelete