About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Taste of Oregon #1

Thinking so much today about Oregon has got my mouth watering for fresh, pick-your-own berries. Here's one of my favorite ways to eat them. Yum!!


Mixed Berry Cobbler


What You Need

4 cups assorted berries, such as blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
3/4 cup  plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. MINUTE Tapioca
1/4 tsp.  ground cinnamon
3/4 cup water
1 Tbsp.  lemon juice
1-1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1/3 cup  milk

Make It

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Spoon berries into lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish; set aside. Mix 3/4 cup of the sugar, the tapioca and cinnamon in large saucepan; stir in water and lemon juice. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Pour over berries in baking dish; set aside. STIR baking mix, remaining 3 Tbsp. sugar and the milk in medium bowl until mixture forms soft dough. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto fruit mixture. BAKE 28 to 30 min. or until biscuit topping is golden brown. Cool slightly.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Selecting & Storing Fresh Berries
Look for firm, plump berries that are full colored for their variety. Fresh berries are perishable and do not ripen after picking, so store in the refrigerator for no longer than 2 days. Rinse with cool water just before using and remove the hulls, if necessary. Berries in season have more flavor and are typically lower in cost than their out-of-season counterparts. Enjoy summer's best all year long by freezing berries at the height of their season. Then, thaw and use as desired.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment