About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Justin's Canadian Turtle

I don't know what started my son Justin's fascination with Canada. - We are not from Canada...nor do we know anyone from Canada. But, for several years now Justin has been obsessed over anything Canadian. - Teenagers....go figure!! :)

 
Justin pictured exactly how he wanted this, so he gets full credit for designing it.

He also had the idea to make "flag" turtles, using the colors from flags of different countries to make the shells. How awesome is that??! :)






I don't usually recreate what I make as special requests for my kids, but this one is just too cute! - I'll only duplicate it though with Justin's permission. :)




 I was a little concerned at first about making a red turtle body, but it's what Justin wanted and had envisioned - and I have to say....I think it came out GREAT!! :D



I love how the white vest with red buttons really pulls it all together! - Awesome design job Justin!! :D

2 comments: