About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wishlist #11 My City By The Bay

Taking a break from cooking this week. With the delays in moving, I've been feeling really homesick. So, here is a showcase of my city by the Bay - San Francisco.

Fine Art Metallic Photograph of The Golden Gate Bridge
eleven12design



Is it any wonder I love color? :)
jessamae22



San Francisco Municipal Railway Tokens
qacreate



Friscosaurus
Animalinstinctshop



I miss walking past Chinatown on my way to work. :)
lesleypayne



Peace, Love, and Home
lizhutnick



Still remember field trips here...spooky, but an important part of San Francisco's rich history.
LHardyPhotography



Awesome Leather Wall Hanging

leathertravelart



Need I say more?
LuciousArt



Meet you in the Haight. :)
EyvalDecal



psychedelictara



I'd never leave out the Castro! :)

WorldVillageArts



Icon of the city
AgHalo



Brings back sweet memories. :D
nidhi



Alioto's on Fisherman's Wharf....not bad, but I prefer the steamed crabs from the street vendors. :D
re4mado



The Japanese Temple in Golden Gate Park
BrookeSchmidt



Memories of the carousel at Golden Gate Park
robinsdesign



Vintage postcards 
tobethebird



Double-decker carousel at Pier 39 :D
barbaragordon



Wouldn't you miss it too? :(
thartzo



Of course this is just a sampling of the wonderful items out there representing the city.
Some of you may have noticed that I did not include any sports items in this list....that's cause I'm actually Oakland born and raised - which means I have to root for the home teams of The Oakland A's and Oakland Raiders (although they both stink). But...I can still say: GO CAL BEARS!!!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, great collection! Thanks for including my Haight Ashbury Peace Sticker!

    ReplyDelete