About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Mighty Wind's A Blowin' - A Wishlist Treasury

As some of you know....I live in Florida. And not to make light of the situation, but "Irene" is on her way and expected to be a hurricane. So, I thought a Hurricane theme would be appropriate this week. ;)

I searched "hurricane" on Etsy and here's some of the better items that came up. :)

Beautiful hand-painted Hurricane candleholder
TivoliGardens



Useful AND pretty!! :)
FabVintageEstates


Now, I didn't survive "Fred", but I HAD to include this just for the Bea Arthur pic!!  - Plus the name of the shop cracks me up too!! lol
skippyhaha


I want this!! I really, really want this! - Just one more thing on the wishlists that will have to wait til after the move. :)
KimmsAttic


Some of you may only know Jared Leto as an actor, but I'm a big fan of his band "30 Seconds To Mars"....this really pretty necklace was inspired by their video "Hurricane".
sylvandesigns


Pretty necklace made from a broken hurricane lamp.
TreasuresAnew


I love shells, and anything beach themed! :)
beachgrasscottage


Awesome candle holder from South Africa.
IndaloProject


I'm not a Miami Hurricanes fan, but this dress is really cute!!
twochixremix


LOVE these painted glasses!!
ElegantSeashore


Beautiful Henna Hurricane Candle 
allabouthenna


Vibrant "Eye of the Hurricane" greeting cards
brightdigiworks


Pretty hurricane glass beads
BobbiThisnThat


Hurricane glass shell beads....so pretty!
allthingsbeaded


I found a lot of beautiful hurricane-inspired artwork and photography as well, but most are under copyright so I can't show them to you here....check them out for yourself by entering keyword: hurricane art at etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment