About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Naming the Nameless

I don't like naming the animals I have in the BeyondCrochet Zoo. I like to leave it up to it's new owner/friend to give it a name. However, I started noticing that whenever one of the turtles was/is featured in a treasury, I'll say something like "My Pumpkin Patch Turtle is in a new treasury". I didn't realize how often I did this until yesterday. So....after a lot of mind changing, I finally decided to give the turtles not so much names, but identities.

The lucky owners can still give them names like "Charlie", or "Terry Turtle". But, here's what they are known to me as:

 




















The new line of baby turtles don't have new names/identities yet. They are still just:



Please stop by and check them out, as well as all their other Zoo friends @ BeyondCrochet

No comments:

Post a Comment