About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Movies To Crochet By #5

I love finding movies that I missed, or newer movies that I never heard of and turn out to be a nice surprise! :)

See You in September

2010 NR 90 minutes
Feeling abandoned by her therapist who's gone on an extended vacation, beautiful Lindsay (Estella Warren) gets help with her fear of commitment from an ad hoc support group formed by other New Yorkers also left high and dry by their shrinks. But when her pals dare her to date fellow group member A.J. (Justin Kirk), Lindsay begins to wonder if she's finally found her match. Tamara Tunie directs this charming romantic comedy.



Never heard of this one, but it sounded okay when I couldn't find anything else to watch. - Turned out to be a really good movie with a sweetly romantic plot. 

The Newton Boys

1998 PG-13 122 minutes
Four Texan brothers (Vincent D'Onofrio, Ethan Hawke, Matthew McConaughey and Skeet Ulrich) ignite a crime spree in the 1920s, robbing more than 200 banks across the nation -- without ever killing anyone. In a career highlight, the unexpectedly compassionate team pulls off the largest train robbery in U.S. history. Richard Linklater (School of Rock) directs this heist film, based on a true story, that focuses more on characters than mindless action.



I'm not a fan of Matthew McConaughey, but this one must have been made before his "banging the bongo drums naked" craze. (If you don't know, don't ask. LOL) - This one is a really well acted true story. I especially enjoyed seeing old interview footage of the brothers. 



The Italian Job

1969 G 99 minutes
In director Peter Collinson's Golden Globe-nominated caper flick, enterprising swindler Charlie Croker (Michael Caine) hatches an ingenious plan to steal a huge cache of Chinese gold en route to Turin, Italy, as collateral for a new Fiat plant. The diversion for the heist: A gigantic traffic jam during an Italy-Great Britain soccer match. Incarcerated criminal genius Mr. Bridger (Noel Coward) helps Croker get financing -- from his jail cell.




I love the remake with Mark Wahlberg, but the original is just as great. Very '60s camp, but fun.




Love's Kitchen

(No Ordinary Trifle)
2010 PG-13 89 minutes
After the tragic loss of his wife, a down-on-his-luck London chef starts afresh by pouring his energies into a fixer-upper eatery and attracting the attention of an American food critic with a decadent dessert: a mouth-watering trifle.




Despite the cover - Gordon Ramsey is hardly in this....which is a good thing because although I idolize him as a Chef, he sucks as an actor. 
Any movie that combines romance with cooking is okay by me, but this one I especially liked. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment