About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Donut Holes from Mr. Food

Pumpkin Doughnut Holes

Versatile canned pumpkin is the secret to loads of favorite autumn and holiday recipes like our to-die-for Pumpkin Doughnut Holes. These easy
fritter-like treats cook up fast in a skillet. They're awesome served warm, topped with confectioners’ sugar. 
 
 
Yields: 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 30 min
 
 
Ingredients
  • 2 cups vegetable oil
  • 1 cup self-rising flour
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Instructions
  1. In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
     
  2. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; mix well.
     
  3. Drop pumpkin batter by level tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry 2 minutes or until golden, turning at least once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll doughnut holes in confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
http://www.mrfood.com/
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: