About Me

My photo
I've been crocheting for over 30 years, and come from a family of yarn and fabric artisans. I learned to sew from my Grandmother who made several quilts a year entirely by hand...one for each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. Life situations and changes caused me to take a chance and open my first Etsy shop in Feb. 2011. A few successful months later, I opened my second Etsy shop as BeccaTheBaker...and later in 2011 opened my third Etsy shop as BeyondCrochetToo. I'm a single mother of 2 teenagers (a girl and a boy), plus 2 cats. I'm a 5th generation Native Californian (Northern California. And am happy to be back on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest where I belong.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

To List or Not to List...That is the Question

I mentioned in my last post that I have several finished items to list, but no mannequin body or head to display them on...and that is still currently the case. And since I'm waiting on my tax return before I can order said display items, I'm pondering back and forth whether I should go ahead and list them now without a display model or just be patient and wait. My thinking is: "I can always go back later and change the pics to ones using the displays." But my concern is: I don't want it to look cheap. - Not that the current styro-foam display head is glamorous by any means! lol

But, to have a mix of photos showing some items on display heads, and others just laid out on, say, a table may end up making my shop look "cluttered"....and we all know "cluttered" is not good.

    
Poor lil' alien looking head....gone, but not forgotten.

On the other hand: I'm visualizing sale opportunities pass me by. And this is especially troubling since I missed out on Christmas and End-of-Year sales. In other words, I'm just not sure what is the lesser of two evils, so to speak.

So I'm reaching out and asking you all for your opinions....list now by neatly laying each item out on a flat surface (such as my table) and change to better display pics later? Or wait until I can display the way I would like using props? - Please keep in mind, by waiting it won't be until the end of the month before I can post new listings which means I missed Valentine's sales. :/
Your opinions and constructive criticism is appreciated.

The pretty new head, minus wig.


Just the top layer of the bin of items to list.

Hats, hats, and more hats...

Valentine's Day/Cold Weather Apparel
*There's still about a dozen more items not seen in these pics. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment